Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fingerless Mitts Pattern


Fingerless Mitts
Originally uploaded by whirledpeas00

I was making another pair of fingerless mitts and decided to think about what Cookie A taught us in her sock class about designing your own patterns. I like to have a pair of fingerless mitts to put in my bag as a small knitting project that is mindless to work on.
I made up the pattern stitch on these as I went along. The yarn is from my Mothers LYS in Santa Rosa. It is Cascade 220, a superwash painted yarn.

Here is the pattern
I used size 7 dpn needles
Cast on 44 stitches
I worked a knit 3, purl 1 rib for 2 inches
I decreased 4 evenly spaced around the mitt
**pattern portion starts here**
I worked knit 2, purl 2 for 4 rows
Then purl 2, knit 2 for 4 rows
I alternated the pattern portion for 6 1/2 inches and added a 6 stitch button hole for the thumb.
I continued on with the pattern portion for1 1/2 more inches.
Then I decreased 4 more stitches evenly spaced around the mitt.
I picked up with the knit 3, purl 1 rib for 1 more inch and then bound off.

No comments: