Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Lady Bug


lady bug wheel
Originally uploaded by whirledpeas00

After much thought on the matter I decided I wanted to learn how to spin yarn. I already am certified to teach the other kind of spinning (at the gym). I have been working too many hours to pick up another job doing that. Mainly because I have to work late at night a few nights a week. I never know when I would be able to schedule a class. So I haven't really looked into it.
Anyway, back to this kind of spinning. When we first moved here to Ohio, I found out this is the place to learn to spin. It seems there is a spinning guild. Also, a lady that owns a fiber shop in town offered to teach me to spin. I had been thinking I would decide this fall which kind of wheel I wanted. I had tried out this wheel and been checking out several others. When the owner of a local yarn shop decided she was going out of business. I stopped by her last day the shop was open, at 7pm. I was just going to see if she was still open and there were 20 people there. Everyone was knitting and chatting and having wine. I asked about the lady bug and she gave me a big discount on the shop's used wheel.
Spinning makes me happy.
Really, yarn is what makes me happy.

No comments: