Saturday, May 3, 2008

Swaps, Swaps, Swaps

Today I went to the fabric store to pick up a few extras for my latest swap I am doing.
I am doing something called
PINKALICIOUS and Divine Girly Girl Swap!
http://www.swap-bot.com/swap/show/14903

Listed below is the call to join the swap. I read it and it sounded like fun.

I ADORE the color Pink and I'm so girly-girl to boot that I wanted to celebrate it. Just bask in the PINKALICIOUS-ness of it. So, why not do a swap for it? So, here it is! This Swap will be for you to put together a package of Pink and girly girl items for your partner. Please spend at least $15 not counting shipping. I'm sorry, but I'm keeping this closed to U.S. only, not international on this round.

My partners nick name is Toothfarie here is her wish list

WISHLIST
FABRIC (novelty, mod, sugar skull patterns, japanese fabric...anything), ribbon for hairbows, anything Kawaii, patterns for baby/toddler simple clothes and bonnets, hats...toys. See favorites also (-: any handmade item. Seasonal/holiday things. Handmade tote bags, dotties . Childrens books, esp. international! Any craft supplies/embellishments. Felt Inchies!!!! Seed beads..Those tiny embellished hair pins and bows...and USED MATERNITY CLOTHES (M or L)! WE ARE TRYING FOR #2. Wish us luck!!!

So in reading about her I noted some new things I have never heard of so I had to check them out, Felt Inchies??? or Dotties???(I wonder to my self what are these)
I did a search on flicker to check out some pictures.
Inchies http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=inchies&m=text
Dotties http://dotslifeandart.blogspot.com/2007/02/art-doll-tutorial.html
So this morning I got up and made my partner a few pink felt inchies along with all her other pink things going out to her in this trade. I made a package up with fabric, trims and ribbons. I put some seed beads in also. I figured she wanted the beads and the fabric to make the Dotties.
How much fun is all this.
I also got a message last week from a lady living in Israel. She saw my bags I crocheted in my flicker or blog. She fell in love with the pink one. So we are doing a private trade on Swap-bots and I am sending her the pink bag she loves. I also put a few more things in the bag to make it extra special. I think it will be interesting awaiting the package from Israel to see what she sends me in trade. I asked for fabric or some trims. I wonder what kinds of fabrics and trims are made in Israel. Well I will post the pictures of what I get as soon as I get them.
I thought I would keep you up to date with all that is going on in my crafting world. I have been working quite a bit of overtime and have not had tons of time to make things. Next week will be a bit better. I am working on this wonderful bag that is knit for shopping. I will post it when I get it done.
Marie :)

No comments: