Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tawashi Town Group on Ravelry

I belong to a knitting and crochet community called Ravelry. In this community I am a moderator of a group called tawashi town. http://www.ravelry.com/groups/tawashi-town
We are just starting up our next exchange. It should be loads of fun.

In order to look in Ravelry you have to sign up and wait for an invitation in the email. It is free and so worth taking a look around the community. I believe when I signed up originally it took about 2 months to get my invitation. I think it is faster now. The interesting thing is going in the patterns and typing a pattern you are thinking about making and being able to see what everyone has made from the pattern.

I have been listening to several podcasts at work. The Webs one has been talking about making Babbette. Which is a really cool blanket pattern. I just downloaded it here. http://shop.interweave.com/store/Babette-Blanket-P235C0.aspx?src=BP080117
They are actually doing a crochet along on the podcast. I decided to make a cat blanket out of some scraps before committing to a full size Babette. I wanted to do something relaxing and easy. I will post a picture of my scrappy Babette cat blanket when I get it done.

I also sent off a few packages to some partners in Swap-bot on Monday. Along with the Mothers
Day gifts and a graduation gift to a fellow in my husbands family. One of the packages was even going to Israel. It was a private bag swap with the lady who contacted me.
Hopefully they all arrive safely. :)

No comments: